Bethel Hill United Methodist Men
All men are invited to our monthly breakfast on the last Saturday of every month in Hayes Hall at 8:00 am. We offer a hearty breakfast, fellowship and an inspiring message. Come Join Us!
The story of how it started:
Don Myers, husband of former Pastor Sandra Myers, asked Joe P. if he wanted to organize a breakfast for the last Saturday of every month. Joe said, “Sure, what diner / restaurant should we meet at?” Don said, “Oh no, I know you were an army cook. I thought we could have it here.”
The first men’s breakfast took place on July 25, 1992 with 12 men in attendance and now we average 28 men. On August 29, 2015, we celebrated the 275th meeting of the group and during the past 23 years, roughly 6150 breakfast meals have been served.
Over the years the group has expanded to assist with:
- Cooking for the Easter morning breakfast, Rally Day Celebrations and Mission Brunches
- Youth on their Mission trips
- Hanging of the Greens at Christmas time
- Coordination of the Prison Ministry trips and assembly of gifts for the women inmates for our Prison Ministry
- The purchase and placement of Christmas wreaths for Veteran’s graves in our cemetery
The mission of the United Methodist Men is to assist men to know Jesus Christ, to serve Him, to grow spiritually and seek daily to do his will. “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20.