- This event has passed.
Help Build Hope Mission Project
April 22, 2022 - April 24, 2022
April 22-24, 2022
Our All-Church Servants At Work mission will again be building a house frame in the parking lot of Bethel Hill. HELP BUILD HOPE is an organization that will coordinate along with our SAW team leaders to provide training, tools, and transportation of a basic frame structure that will be delivered to a location in Kentucky that was devastated by tornadoes last year. A finishing team will reassemble the house and complete the building project for needy, deserving families.
YOU CAN BE A PART OF THIS EXCITING MISSION EVENT. There are many ways to assist.
~ No building skills needed.
~ All ages welcome.
~ All tools and equipment will be provided
~ All lumber and supplies will be provided by our SAW team fundraisers, local donations and the generosity of members and friends of the congregation
FRIDAY – THE CUT – April 22, 2022 – approximately 2 ½ hours
• The cut will take place at 4:00 p.m.
• We need 25-30 people for the cut.
• We need 4 people who know how to use miter saws.
• Other people will be used to carry the wood or work at the vinyl station.
• Team Leaders Meeting takes place after the cut (approximately 1 hour)
SATURDAY – THE BUILD – April 23, 2022 – approximately 5 hours
• Continental breakfast at 8:00 a.m. & devotions start our day!
• We need 100 people for the build.
• There will be work for everyone!
• We need 4 people who know how to use nail guns for the OSB station (the material that goes on the outside of the frame).
• We need strong bodies to carry the walls to the standing area.
SUNDAY – DEDICATION & LOADING – April 24, 2022 – approximately 2 hours
• Worship begins at 10:00 a.m. with loading right after.
• Everyone is welcome back for worship & dedication of the home frame. Please wear a mask & bring your own lawn chair.
• All are welcome to scribe a favorite Bible verse or note of encouragement onto the frame.
• We need strong bodies to disassemble the frame and load it onto the truck.
~ Saturday Breakfast will be provided by Bethel Hill Methodist Men and Lunch by Sanctuary UMC.
~ Families are encouraged to include children of any age on Saturday for the build day. All monetary donations may be made payable to Bethel Hill with SAW in the memo line.
COVID-19 precautions – Please do not come to the event if you are sick. We will follow any location health department recommendations in place at the time of the event. Everyone on site may be encouraged to wear a mask. Hand sanitizer will be on site. We will encourage you to build your teams out of family units that have been living together and/or with people you are comfortable working closely with.
Sign up here: https://bit.ly/BHSAW-HBH22
To help raise funds to purchase lumber and other supplies for this project we have a number of Dine & Donate fundraisers set up at local restaurants, listed below. We are also selling Wawa shortie coupons for $5 each. These will be sold on Sundays between the 9am and 10:30am services. Look for a committee member in the narthex. If you are interested in purchasing some but unable to buy in person please order online here: https://bit.ly/BH-wawacoupons
Help Build Hope Dine & Donate Fundraisers
Monday, February 28, 5-9pm – PJ Whelihan’s, 799 Dekalb Pike, Blue Bell
Mention Bethel Hill to your server or when you pick up take-out
Wednesday, March 9th, all day – Margarita’s, 1650 Sumneytown Pike, Lansdale
Tuesday, March 15th, 4-7:30pm – Mooyah, 990 Dekalb Pike, Blue Bell
Thursday, March 24th, all day – Wister’s BarBBQ, 321 W. Main St., Lansdale
Wednesday, March 30th, 4-8pm – Panera, 101 W. Germantown Pk, East Norriton
Monday, April 4th, 4-8pm- Lovebird, 1301 W. Skippack Pike, Blue Bell
Monday, April 18th, all day – Margarita’s, 1650 Sumneytown Pike, Lansdale